2004-06-30

Another disgruntled Telstra customer in Brisbane

The following is an "email to the editor" in the lastest issue of Australian PC User magazine:



"Broadband Blues



My wife and I recently moved to a new housing estate in Brisbane. I was quite keen to get the PC connected to the Net, but since this is a new house, I had to wait a while to get the phone lines connected.



Two weeks later, the Telstra tech had completed the final connection, and before he left, I asked him what download speeds I might achieve with the new underground wiring. Thinking that I would get high speeds, I was shocked when he told me that speeds may not be that good. I tried it out and sure enough, dialup speeds are in the low 40Kbps range.



Not wanting to put up with this, I enquired about ADSL to my home. The tech again shook his head and explained the connection box out the front used a fibre optic cable back to the exchange and doesn't support ADSL! I asked about broadband cable and Foxtel as well, but I was told no, because Telstra doesn't make enough profit out of the new housing estates to put cable in.



Telstra is pushing broadband Internet so that we can all 'experience the revolution'. I have, and it's called going cheap on its customers! Shame on you Telstra!



Jared"

3 則留言: