2007-09-19

If you can't recover, revisit

As mentioned earlier, I lost 200+ photos of Rome due to a corrupted memory card. I turned to 3 persons for advice:

1. The IT guru suggested using a data recovery software to recover the photos.

2. The wise man said since I had the views in my memory, I shouldn't insist on having photos of them.

3. The dumb guy couldn't offer any real solution except for revisiting all those places and retaking the photos.

The words of wisdom were too "deep" for me, so I downloaded a data recovery software, hoping to extract photos from the dead card. Unsuccessful, unfortunately.

So, the dumb guy's advice didn't seem so dumb any more. I eventually revisited the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatino and Capitol hills. Now I have the photos to prove that I've been there.

2 則留言:

  1. hahaha, you are really very 執迷.
    have you figured out why the card was corrupted?

    回覆刪除
  2. no idea. but when that disaster happened, i was using an older sd card (not the one which came with the new camera) and the extra battery (not the ricoh original battery).

    the logical conclusion of course is that the card was the problem. but another it guy also speculated that a malfunctioning battery could also cause this problem if it failed to properly "save" the captured image to the memory card.

    he might have a point since i started that day with the older sd card and the ricoh battery. after around 200 shots, i replaced it with the extra battery. not long after that, disaster struck.

    since that incident, i only used the new sd card and the ricoh battery.

    回覆刪除