2005-12-26

Broader-band Internet!



My ISP has recently upgraded its service (using its own DSLAM instead of Telstra's), which raises the potential download speed from the previous 1,500 Kbps to a staggering 24,000 Kbps.

The funny thing is, I can't really feel the difference! I don't do much download-intensive activities these day. In terms of web browsing and uploading/downloading of small programs/files, the observed difference is negligible.

It's only when I download a big program that I can see the speed hike. But then, actual speed is still affected by the server and general traffic condition. I have yet to experience actual download speed anywhere near the potential. As far as I can remember, the top speed I have actually achieved was somewhere between 1,000-2,000 Kb/s, which translates into around 12,000 Kbps.

沒有留言:

發佈留言