2005-05-08

"Free Trade Agreements in Asia" page updated

When I created this web page several years ago, free trade agreement or FTA (they are actually "preferential trade agreements") was still a relatively new thing to Asia. In particular, North-east Asia was then an FTA-free region. This changed, however, with the signing of the Japan-Singapore FTA in 2002.

Since then, it seems all Asian economies have been trying to negotiate bilateral free trade deals with their regional neighbours. My interest in maintaining this web page has greatly diminished as a result (the fact that I no longer work as an economist - in fact I no longer "work" any more - is also a reason). There are just too much to follow. And frankly speaking, not many of these free trade deals in Asia have much real significance.

But then, I still feel obliged to nurture this baby, even though it attracts very little traffic. I shall try my best (my best is probably not very good, so treat it as a page constantly under construction).

-- Free Trade Agreements in Asia --

沒有留言:

發佈留言