2005-05-30

No joke, toilet paper is indeed expensive

I wonder whether you have heard of a rather surreal film called Life is cheap, but toilet paper is expensive directed by Wayne Wang (王穎) and starring Cora Miao (繆騫人), Wang's wife. The film is surely not to everybody's taste, and I was shocked by Cora Miao - my screen goddess - mouthing a 7-word foul language!

Anyway, I just read a news report that toilet paper is indeed expensive, at least in Finland. The image of Finns fighting for toilet rolls in supermarkets might provide Wayne Wang with the inspiration for a sequel.

4 則留言:

  1. This is really interesting, but when we think about basic demand and supply, why can't toilet paper be expensive some day later? All I know ironically now is that "Euro is cheap, but toilet paper can be expensive", haha.

    回覆刪除
  2. send me a roll of cheap euro anytime, you can keep the expensive toilet paper. :-)

    回覆刪除
  3. By the way, congratulations to your new virtual residence. Hope the migration has not been as tiring as my moving into a new brick-and-mortar residence.

    回覆刪除
  4. haha, congratulations too!! I guess it must be nice for us to see some nice photos of your new home. Without knowing exactly your B&M address, I can only send you the roll of EURO by virtually then...bien re?u!!

    Good day for your home tidying exercise!

    回覆刪除