2006-02-26

Digital photos prints

In this age of digital photography, do you still develop most of your digital photos into prints?

For me, making prints is no longer an important part of the photographic experience. Now I derive more pleasure from digitally enhancing the photos and making digital albums for online sharing. I use IrfanView to view photos, Photoshop to enhance them, Yahoo! Photos for online storage, Flickr and Slide for photo management and sharing, and my clumsy hand-written html codes to make travel photo web pages.

Having said that, in response to a recent promo by a large retail electricals chain which charged $0.15 per 6"X4" print, I have just made over 500 prints from my trips over the past year and a half.

One thing I notice is that with the photos optimised for my on-screen viewing, the actual prints usually look quite saturated and hence a bit "unreal". I wonder whether this is a common experience or just my unique problem?

沒有留言:

發佈留言