2008-06-10

Sudoku-playing jurors

News.com.au 10/6/08

A MILLION dollar Sydney drugs trial has been aborted after it was found jurors were playing the puzzle game sudoku while evidence was being given.

The jury foreperson admitted to the judge that four to five jurors were playing puzzle games for up to half the time the trial had been going.

"Yes, it helps me keep my mind busy paying more attention. Some of the evidence is rather drawn out and I find it difficult to maintain my attention the whole time and that doesn't distract me too much from proceedings," the jury foreperson said after being questioned by the judge today.

The judge was alerted after it was observed the jurors were writing vertically, rather than horizontally. It had been assumed they were taking notes.

沒有留言:

發佈留言