2005-01-04

He's their man

"I don't think he [Leonard Cohen] plans on performing any more, and now he doesn't have to because we're doing it."

Thus said Hal Willner, organiser of Came So Far For Beauty, an all-star concert tribute to Leonard Cohen's music, to be performed for 3 nights in late January as part of the Sydney Festival.



One interesting thing is, the Age article also says that Kate McGarrigle (of Kate & Anna McGarrigle) "grew up in the same city as Cohen, even attended the same university, but didn't come to appreciate his music until she and Anna were invited to participate in the concert." Frankly, this was the first time I heard of these sisters. But then I remembered having listened to a Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris version of Sisters of Mercy (Western Wall | The Tucson Sessions, 1999) just an hour ago. When I looked at the liner notes, I found out that the sisters did backing vocal for this song! What a small world.

沒有留言:

發佈留言